Wally Plumley Relay Bypass
Another Rennlist gem from Wally Plumley. A $10 (short term) replacement for every relay you are ever going to break.
Go to your local hardware store, or Jaycar and purchase:
- One metre of two-conductor stranded wire, as is used to connect a table lamp to a power point.
- Two male 'spade connectors', which are the flat male electrical connectors.
- One single-pole, single-throw toggle switch, automotive style.
- Attach the switch to one end of the lamp wire. Attach the spade connectors to the other end of the lamp wire.
- Tape the switch so that the connections can't short to the car.
- Remove the, ie: dud fuel relay.
- Insert one connector into terminal 15 in the socket.
- Insert one connector into terminal 87 in the socket.
- Flip the switch 'ON' and crank the car.
- Flip the switch 'OFF' after you turn the ignition off.
- Order a new relay!
Keep the relay by-pass in the glove box, not in your tool box. You'll need it again some day. - Wally Plumley,